All you need to know about the Working Holiday Visa when coming to Australia:
- You must be under 31 to be eligible for the Working Holiday Visa (WHV),
- Only certain countries are eligible (go to www.immi.gov.au) for more information.
- It is a one year visa and you can only work with one employer for up to 6 months (this means if you get hired with a school then you can only work with them for 6-months and then you would need to have the school sponsor you (457 Business Sponsorship visa) if they wanted to keep you longer.)
- To get a second WHV, you must work a minimum of 3 months in an agricultural setting in Australia while on your first Working Holiday visa. It will need to be signed off and you then can get a second one-year working holiday visa.
- The WHV is the only visa you can work as many jobs as you want, so take advantage of this (ex. you could be teaching in a school, tutoring on the side, working at a bar on the weekends, working at a surf shop over the school holidays).
- The WHV can be applied for online and doesn’t take too long to get approval.
- Keep your approval email somewhere safe, as you might need your visa details if you do end up applying for any other visas.