When people think about what to drink when they travel over to Australia, most suggest wine especially as Australia has some of the best wines in the world! However Australia also has a fantastic beer culture with a number of local breweries across Australia.
Some of my favourite local Brews in Australia:
- James Boags – found in Tasmania (if you haven’t gone check out this post on where to go and also do the Boags tour for beer/cheese tastings!)
- Little Creatures
- Beez Nees
- Coldstream – just outside the Yarra Valley so after you have hit some wineries, check out their Summer Ale!
- Bluetongue – found in Western Australia (if you go, do the tasting paddle of all their brews!)
- James Squire (the pub is in Melbourne where we watched the Canadian Mens Olympic Hockey Final!)
- Redback – also found in Western Australia (and did you know that it is also a spider in Australia!)
What are your favourite beers in Australia? Tell us as we know we have not named them all!
Ofcourse we could mention Victoria Bitter, Carlton, Tooheys, XXXX, Crown Lager – but I wouldn’t call them local brews with character!