So we are getting close to the holidays – where should you go?
Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
So what to see and what’s the best way to see the outback?
1) Sleep in a swag under the stairs – there is nothing like being beside the campfire looking up at the stars.
2) Walk around the Rock – they will ask if you want to climb the rock but we highly recommend that you don’t (please respect the Aboriginal Culture). Plus going around the rock is incredible.
3) Visit Kings Canyon – This is a must stop and one of the most beautiful places in Australia. The Ghost gum tree, the beehive geological formations, the hike to the very edge – there’s nothing like it!
4) Valley of the Winds – the hike through the Olgas is spectacular with views of Uluru.
5) Depending on how much time you have either go on a 3-day or 7-day tour. The 3-day Rock Tour is the best value for money and is highly recommended. If you have 7-days then start in Adelaide and go through Flinders Ranges, up to Coober Pedy (look for Opals!) and into Ayers Rock/Kings Canyon/The Olgas and we highly recomment Groovy Grape tours.
Kakadu National Park
Another great place to go and the best way is to definitely go on a tour. Adventure Tours is a good option. Make sure to go to Litchfield National Park, and Twin and Jim Jim Falls.
So what are you waiting for – book your tour today! If you have already been, tell us how you explored the area. Did we miss something?
Interesting in travelling somewhere else in Australia? Check out July Holiday Options and wait for our next article on Fraser Island, WhitSundays, and the Gold Coast.