1) Make sure you get a map & tour of the school including the location of your classrooms.
2) Ask for your class timetable and class lists in advance.
3) Enquire about any individual needs for your students.
4) Make sure you get information about the code of conduct/consequences & procedures for discipline issues.
5) Ask about yard duty and location (this is often an expectation in contracts).
6) Complete contract paperwork including salary rate, taxes, and pay dates in advance.
7) Actively pursue teaching resources and other materials for each class.
8) Enquire about curriculum expectations & term goals.
9) Enquire about assessment and reporting practices for the school.
10) Organize your calendar with parent/teacher interviews, meetings, etc.
11) Read through school handbook.
12) Organize your office & work space.
13) Use your school mentor who is available for support & assistance.
14) Bring any creative resources/lessons from overseas to spark the students interest from day one!
15) Use the support & online resources provided by Leading Out and share ideas with fellow international teachers.