At Leading Out, we’ve lived, travelled and taught abroad. Let us be your mentors, and help you to do the same!
Leading Out is run by educators, for educators and we understand all of the ins and outs required when making the global leap into a new world of teaching. We’re at your service from the moment you contact us, helping you sort out each and every detail when it comes to the exciting adventure ahead of you!
We look forward to assisting you with this fantastic journey as mentors and as friends.
~The Leading Out Team
Steven is a certified and well-traveled teacher who has a genuine passion for people. He graduated from the University of Western Ontario with a Bachelor of Arts degree. Since then, Steven has studied and taught in New Zealand, Australia and Canada. His employment at Leading Out and has proven to be a real asset with his network of travel and educational contacts overseas. His desire to help others coupled with his experience in international education helps teachers feel comfortable and confident with their adventures abroad.
“The best way to learn is through the soles of your footsteps”
Riley Wignall is a professional copy writer and editor currently based in Montreal, Canada. A member of the PWAC, she has a bachelor’s degree in English Literature and a diploma in Professional Writing from Concordia University, and a diploma in Media Arts from Sheridan College. Riley studied abroad in school and currently works with people around the globe as a freelancer. She aims to bring the excitement of travel to life with Leading Out.
Tim Warmels is Leading Out’s Director of Business Development. He is a graduate with Honours from Western University’s Ivey Business program. Tim is well travelled and knows the joys living abroad can bring. Leaving home at age 16 to be an exchange student for a year in Chile taught him the hardships and rewards of making a new life in a strange place. He has lived in Syndey, Australia, travelled the entire coast of Australia, and explored much of New Zealand too.
Encouraging lifelong learning and successful experiences are paramount at Leading Out. We believe that the best way to learn is through the soles of your footsteps, and teaching overseas provides everyone with those essential lessons. Leading Out wants its teachers to embrace worldly knowledge and experience unique cultures. Leading Out views dynamic interaction between students and international teachers as an exciting aspect of globalization; whether it’s the enrichment of childhood experiences through education, or gains of inimitable life and work practices.
- Provide a diverse selection of exceptional teachers to international schools
- Provide teachers with relief (substitute) work, part-time and full-time contracts
- Ensure our team of teachers receive appropriate compensation at excellent schools
- Create an easy and intuitive process for educators and schools
- Diversity – we are committed to fostering unique learning and cultural experiences for our teachers, students, and staff
- Integrity – we are committed to act in an ethical, honest manner
- Teamwork – we are committed to developing effective and meaningful partnerships between staff, volunteers, teachers, schools, travel agencies and friends. We seek opportunities to form alliances with others
- Caring – we are committed to serving our teachers and schools as individuals and with compassion
- Friendship – we are committed to mentoring and supporting our teachers and their families