At Leading Out, we’ve lived, travelled and taught abroad. Let us be your mentors, and help you to do the same!
Leading Out is run by educators, for educators and we understand all of the ins and outs required when making the global leap into a new world of teaching. We’re at your service from the moment you contact us, helping you sort out each and every detail when it comes to the exciting adventure ahead of you!
We look forward to assisting you with this fantastic journey as mentors and as friends.
~The Leading Out Team
Steven is Leading Out’s Managing Director. He is a certified and well-traveled teacher who has a genuine passion for people. He graduated from the University of Western Ontario with a Bachelor of Arts degree. Since then, Steven has studied and taught in New Zealand, Australia and Canada. His employment at Leading Out has proven to be a real asset with his network of travel and educational contacts overseas. His desire to help others coupled with his experience in international education helps teachers feel comfortable and confident with their adventures abroad.
“The best way to learn is through the soles of your footsteps”
Since teaching overseas herself, Hailey decided to get into the business of helping other teachers based in Canada, the US and the UK find fantastic jobs all over the world. She takes great pride in the personal service Leading Out offers their teachers, and loves being in regular contact with them throughout their placements.
“If you can be 75% sure than you’re ready to go overseas,
the other 25% will fall in to place”
~ Alan Travers, Queen’s University
Encouraging lifelong learning and successful experiences are paramount at Leading Out. We believe that the best way to learn is through the soles of your footsteps, and teaching overseas provides everyone with those essential lessons. Leading Out wants its teachers to embrace worldly knowledge and experience unique cultures. Leading Out views dynamic interaction between students and international teachers as an exciting aspect of globalization; whether it’s the enrichment of childhood experiences through education, or gains of inimitable life and work practices.
- Provide a diverse selection of exceptional teachers to international schools
- Provide teachers with relief (substitute) work, part-time and full-time contracts
- Ensure our team of teachers receive appropriate compensation at excellent schools
- Create an easy and intuitive process for educators and schools
- Diversity – we are committed to fostering unique learning and cultural experiences for our teachers, students, and staff
- Integrity – we are committed to act in an ethical, honest manner
- Teamwork – we are committed to developing effective and meaningful partnerships between staff, volunteers, teachers, schools, travel agencies and friends. We seek opportunities to form alliances with others
- Caring – we are committed to serving our teachers and schools as individuals and with compassion
- Friendship – we are committed to mentoring and supporting our teachers and their families