- Laptops are toys and used for games.
- They become just a replacement to writing with pen and paper and are not used in a ‘fun’ way in the classroom.
- Blogwork is untraditional and paper-free.
- Unless you are an internet surfer, you don’t quite understand how the Internet works.
- Laptops are hard to carry around (although now with the wheelie backpacks, this should be less of a complaint).
- Half the time the laptop won’t work and then time is spent mainly on trying to fix them rather than using them (or the student has to pair up and watch another student have all the fun)
- Teacher doesn’t really like them and this flows into the students attitudes.
Should laptops be used in schools? Is it possible to have technology being used to enhance student learning? Do you know ways that have worked for you that you would like to share with other teachers interested in intergrating laptops in the classroom?
Are laptops even being used in Australian classrooms or is it still the traditional computer classroom?
You might also be interested in: